Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the ambiance that guests have when coming into your Annapolis home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and require a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring an entire look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery around a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can pull attention to particular door details and shift attention away from other unfriendly parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can be given a major makeover.
Greet guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Annapolis, give them a call at 240-293-1068 or plan an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.