Cooler temps are heading our way in Annapolis and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often increase. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during Annapolis winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can trickle in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella MidAtlantic professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Chat with a professional to solve these issues before the colder temperatures hit Annapolis.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Annapolis a call at 240-293-1068 or check out our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.