In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a wonderful way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your house. What do you want to get out of the space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for years to come.
- Forget stick with the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 240-293-1068, visit our Annapolis showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.