Fall is upon us in Annapolis, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to consider when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are several ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Annapolis a call at 240-293-1068 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!