When you get the memo that you will be hosting the family holidays this year in Annapolis, you might feel more than a little stressed. Before you start to panic about how you’ll get everything done, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
No matter if you are having five or 50 relatives over for the holidays, these tips can help reduce your stress and ensure your home is safe and comfortable.
- A storage-packed island will provide maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies allows you to simply put all of the dishes away and say goodbye to your one-and-done pans.
- The holidays are a wonderful time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are everywhere.
- As if winter months aren’t a good enough reason, use the holidays as motivation to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Annapolis to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and jolly holiday.
- Add some life in the dead of winter. Through the brisk season in Annapolis, it is hard to find rich colors besides your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about an inviting area to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Annapolis every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Now is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may collect dust during the rest of the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you love a festive, themed table or a simple setting, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you have endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. You can add tables, chairs or even a bench with extra storage. Make this a special space for your family to enjoy the holidays, and spend time together throughout the year.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, give yourself time with your loved ones. Any projects you complete will make your house more inviting. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Annapolis than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more help making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, come in and talk with our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Annapolis showroom or reach us at 240-293-1068.